Thibault & Associates Inc. has developed a working knowledge of power plant boiler and environmental control unit operations such that we provide process development and design support for ancillary systems. As of 1980 our principal, Mr. J. Dean Thibault, developed reaction kinetics for flue gas desulfurization and since then has been actively involved with commercial scrubber systems for power plants, chemical and metallurgical off-gas treatment.
Our firm has specialized in the preparation of technical specifications for procurement of various environmental control systems including flue gas desulfurization, particulate removal from flue gas, bottom and fly ash handling and wastewater treatment systems. We have developed various technologies for wastewater management for the removal of heavy metals and organic compounds from power house, ash handling and flue gas desulfurization wastewater effluent.
Our most recent projects within the power generation sector includes:
Other Power Generation projects completed by Thibault & Associates Inc. includes the development and design of processing systems for:
- high purity boiler feedwater treatment – high pressure steam systems
- wastewater treatment of FGD blowdown and power house wastewater
- management and handling of solid waste – ash, gypsum and wastewater residue
- fuel handing and preparation of solid fuels, combustion
- flue gas treatment for sulfur dioxide, carbon dioxide and particulate, and
- assessment of alternative fuels – coal, heavy oil emulsions, pet-coke and biomass