Thibault & Associates Inc. has developed unique chemical processing flowsheets to include fully integrated processes for synthesis, product separation / purification and product recovery. Our in-house bench scale and mini-pilot facilities allow us to assess both design and operating parameters that impact on the process chemistry – for synthesis and refining of inorganic and organic compounds.
Our projects include the characterization of feedstock or utilization of waste products as an alternative feedstock for the production of added value chemicals. The commercial viability of producing chemicals using low grade or alternative feedstock is determined from our ability to assess the technical viability of impurity removal and the relative production costs.
Our most recent projects within the chemical sector include:
Other chemical projects completed by Thibault & Associates Inc. includes the development and design of processing systems for production of:
- speciality metal compounds used for electronics and speciality chemicals
- battery grade chemicals – vanadyl sulfate, lithium carbonate, manganese dioxide, graphite
- transportation fuels from low grade / heavy oil feedstock
- petrochemicals from natural gas and refinery by-products
- building materials such as FGD gypsum, refractory brick / mineral wool insulation, and
- speciality fertilizers such as urea, potassium sulfate and ammonium sulfate